Welcome to Prakalpa Keonjhar
Formally started in the year 1984 by a group of dynamic young people with a vision to help improving quality of life of the under-privileged & deprived people in inaccessible areas of Keonjhar district, with a mission to succeed under the leadership of Mr. Biplab Mishra. Later on PRAKALPA was registered in the year 1988 and focused more on poverty eradication, hunger free society, social justice, good governance etc. It helped communities to identify their own problems and to initiate action to overcome those by building vibrant people organisations at the grass root levels.
PRAKALPA visualizes a society in which peace, justice and equality prevail wherein all peoples irrespective of religion, caste, or political affiliation – live in harmony and free from fear. PRAKALPA envisages a society which is people centered, peopled owned, participatory and the process of development is sustainable. PRAKALPA also forethinks a society where all, the poor, the marginalized and the underprivileged, have equal opportunity for their involvement in the development process which is value based and sustainable and also have an appropriate and healthy environment to develop their fullest potential.
To identify and work with the impoverished, weaker and vulnerable sections of the society to find solutions to the challenges threatening their lives with the ultimate aim of establishing an aware, responsible and developed society based upon equality, fraternity and social justice, ensuring sustainable and holistic development with emphasis on human rights and a culture of social service through creating synergy and building strategic partnership with the Government, NGOs (Non- Government Organizations), SHGs (Self- Help Groups), CBOs (Community Based Organizations) and various national and international organizations by planning appropriate downstream and upstream interventions.
- Transparency & Accountability
- Gender Equality
- Collective and Participatory Action
- Community Development, Community Health, HIV/AIDS, Education, Women Empowerment, Tribal Welfare, Natural Resource Management, Socio-economic Development, Rights and Entitlements, Campaigns, Lobby & Advocacy etc.
- A democratic, decentralized organization, with quarterly board meetings and statutory audits every year. Transparency and accountability is maintained at all levels.
- Well-equipped administrative office & training center in Keonjhar, registered office at Jyotipur.
Talented peoples behind Prakalpa
Director - Prakalpaa
Binod Kumar Mishra
Programmer Officer (PO)a